Sunday 24 February 2008

Fly Fly Away

The flight is booked. Yes, that huge milestone was reached today. We have booked our ONE WAY(!) ticket. This booking has signified a huge step for me, it was the thing that we needed to do that really showed that we are serious - I know, waiting nearly 3 years and living with the in laws was quite a big indication of our intentions!! But still, I was quite emotional this afternoon.

Well they're booked - no going back now (well I have to get on the plane still!) I hate flying and the thought of that long journey doesn't fill me with warm and fuzzy feelings, quite the opposite but I suppose looking on the bright side it is only ONE WAY!

We also booked the room yesterday for our leaving party - so watch out for your invites!! We are having "discussions" on the play list for the DJ and I'm sure we will come to a compromise (what's wrong with Steps anyway??).

Right off to discuss the "merits" of cheesy pop with Martyn!

Bye for now
Hx

4 comments:

Polly said...

Cheesey pop rules! :)

knitkath said...

Admire your bravery starting a new life, hope it all works out well for you!

Claire aka Feline said...

How wonderful, to start a new life in a truely beautiful place, I wish you both the best of luck and a safe and very happy journey to the next chapter of your life xxx

Mrs_Tiggy said...

Wow I really can understand how big of a commitment this is. I am a Canadian, but I now live in the UK with my English husband. It was a very hard move, but I know it was the right one. I'm am very jealous of you as well, as I love my home country and really miss it there. I know you'll enjoy living there. All the best to you.